Thursday 20 January 2011

Wakey wakey

November! Last time I updated.

Busy with work. Busy with Christmas. Busy with Flu. Heavy snow and Cardiff bay freezing around the edges again. Not really a great time for us to sail.

We visited Ishtar last week after 5 weeks away. After the heavy snow and thick ice, and a long period on her own I expected all sorts of problems. I could not believe it, therefore, when the engine fired up as I started to turn the key.

A huge smile, and thoughts of worry free sailing for maybe the first time this year, after limping around the Bristol channel and beyond for the last three.

I'm satying on the boat tonight, taking bedding, food and so on down later today. All things being well, we'll be sailing all day tomorrow after Louise gets home from nightshift.

Can't wait to get out on the Sea again, even if the winds may be too light to sail properly.